1.1 About this document
Your privacy is very important to us.When collecting and dealing with your personal information, Generation City Church and Newcastle Care,(the Church),respect your rights to privacy protection and observe our relevant responsibilities and obligations under the Privacy Act 1988(Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles(APP). This policy applies to all personal information collected by the Church and governs how we collect, use, store, disclose and de-identify your personal information.
1.2 Key definitions
Staff are all persons employed by Generation City Church, Generation City Church Boards and Ministries, Chaplains and Newcastle Care, both paid and non-paid, and includes volunteers.Personal information in this document refers to the types of information we collect, but is not limited to the following:
- Contact details (for example name, address, telephone numbers, email etc so we can communicate with you);
- Family member details;
- Donation history;
- Credit card and/or bank account details (where you have provided these);
- Your involvement in ministries so we can provide a meaningful ministry relationship;
- Staff details for superannuation, payroll and taxation purposes;
- Information you provide in surveys, registration forms, conversations, emails and online.
Sensitive information in this document refers to the types of information we collect including records of communication between us, which may include information you provide us or we collect from others. This information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Health information;
- Records of visits, phone calls and pastoral matters;
- Communications you have with us (for example letters, prayer requests);
- Religious information (including attendance, denominational details);Social media in this document refers to, but is not limited to, sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Whatsapp and other sites where people interact with others. These may or may not be related to Church activities.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect your personal details to facilitate your relationship with the Church, for the immediate reason for which you have provided it to us;(for example to process your request, payment, registration, subscription etc), to provide any pastoral care, for any other purpose directly related to our work and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law) and to provide you with information on Church events and ministries.We endeavour to keep personal information up to date and accurate. We will also endeavour to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The Australian Privacy Principles allow you to request access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access to your personal information, please contact us in writing at Generation City Church, PO Box 119,HAMILTON NSW 2303.
The Church will not disclose personal information about you to any person except: i.On a confidential basis to staff members of the Church,or to appropriate and relevant people in connection with the Church's activities,in order to provide a service to you;ii.On a confidential basis to relevant service providers and governing bodies that the Church uses in the day to day operations of its activities;iii.Where required by law (for example mandatory reporting purposes); iv.With your prior consent (for example in Church publications); orv.Where it is deemed that a ‘permitted general situation’ exists under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).This exception would include disclosure to appropriately protect the integrity of the Church and its leaders.
4. DATA STORAGE If any personal information collected by the church is stored or managed by a third party on behalf of the Church, the Church will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information will be held, used and disclosed by the third party consistently with the APP. The service provider managing the information for the Church may store certain personal information outside Australia. You consent to the transfer of your information outside Australia by submitting your personal information to the Church.
The Church takes reasonable measures to secure your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We secure the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
Page 6 of 7 protocol. Our IT systems are password protected and comply with applicable security standards. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access these details.
This policy also applies to all personal information collected by Generation City Church via the website located at http://www.gencitychurch.com.au or Church endorsed social media platforms. By using the Church website and social media platforms, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
When you visit the above website a record of your visit may be logged. If this is the case, the following data would be supplied by your browser; your IP address and/or domain name, your operating system (type of browser and platform), the date, time and length of your visit to the website and the resources you accessed and the documents you downloaded. This type of information is used to compile statistical information about the use of our website. It is not used for any other purpose. If you do not want ‘cookies’ to be used please adjust your browser settings to disable them.6.2 Online Security We have a public web site at www.gencitychurch.com.au which is available to anyone. There is no personal data stored on this site, although you may choose to provide information via this website that will only be accessible to relevant Church staff according to the above guidelines. If you provide personal information via public social media conversations or messages, this information may be visible to other users of the social media sites and we cannot be responsible for its use. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the Church public message boards or social media platforms, this information may be collected and used by others.
7. VIDEO RECORDING AND SECURITY CAMERAS
8. HEALTH INFORMATION
As part of our services, we may request and collect health information (such as your children’s medical history to enable safe care). When collecting health information from you, we will obtain your consent and explain how the information will be used and disclosed. We will not use health information beyond the consent provided by you, unless your further consent is obtained or in accordance with one of the exceptions under the Privacy Act, APP or in accordance with another applicable law.